28 September 2017, by Tobias Wegener
Good morning and welcome back at the HSDS! Today, we started with a brain walk and a discussion about Networking on Sustainable Development in the Market of Ideas. Everybody was walking around, reading and discussing the ideas of their fellow participants and adding their own to the posters. Of course, there was also time to network and to connect with new people.
Here are some impressions and some inspiring quotes from the posters:
What exactly is it that networks on sustainable development generate? What is it that emerges?
- “unexpected connections that suddenly make a huge wall crumble and make action possible”
- “air travel!”
- “seeds that might grow later under the right conditions”
- “hopefully, strategic thinking & political action”
What kind of network are we? “We are nothing but a self-help network of Don Quixotes”
- “hopefully the forefront”
- “sometimes, we miss the focus. We should stop discussing terms of methodologies [... ] but take action and try to be clear so everyone understands. Even a small change is a good change when you reach people and integrate them to think responsably”
- “to dream...the impossible dream, the beat ...the unbeatable foe, to bear...the unbearable sorrow .... and the world will be better for this”
(lyrics of the song “The impossible dream (The quest)” by Joe Darion/Mitch Leigh, known from the musical "Man of La Mancha", that was interpreted by Elvis Presley, Frank Sinatra, Sarah Connor etc.)
- “a group with a good cause”
- “Who is Sancho Panza?”
Photos and text: Michaela Haase
If you have any comments or questions, please feel free to contact us: SHK.KNU@uni-hamburg.de.(SHK.KNU"AT"uni-hamburg.de)
For organizational questions about the conference, please use our contact page.